How does trust affect your experience of the Internet?
We are running a series of 3 hour workshops to find out, and we want you to take part. If you regularly use the Internet to search for information, make bookings, or buy products, and are aged either 16 to 25 years old or 65 years old or older, we invite you to come and share your views and experiences with us, as well as your suggestions for change in relation to trust when using the Internet. The session will involve friendly discussion and interactive activities, some of which will be screen-based. Your participation will help us to explore new technological opportunities to enhance or rebuild trust in ways that are user-driven and responsible, and to examine how trust in the online world might impact well-being. Your contribution to this workshop will also provide you, researchers, regulatory bodies and society in general, a better understanding of what makes online platforms and services trustable.
The workshops will take place either in Nottingham or Oxford, on the following dates:
16-25 year olds
- Tuesday 14th May at 1pm-4pm at The OERC Conference Room, Oxford e-Research Centre, 7 Keble Road, Oxford, OX1 3QG
- Wednesday 15th May at 1pm-4pm at the Department of Computer Science, 39a St Giles, Oxford, OX1 3LN
- Tuesday 21st May at 1pm-4pm at The ‘Blue Room’ Nottingham Community and Voluntary Services (NCVS), 7 Mansfield Road, NG1 3FB.
- Wednesday 22nd May at 1pm-4pm at ton-st”>Urban Rooms, 38 Carrington Street, NG1 7FG.
- Thursday 13th June at 1pm-4pm at The OERC Conference Room, Oxford e-Research Centre, 7 Keble Road, Oxford
- Thursday 16th May at 10:30am-1:30pm at The OERC Conference Room, Oxford e-Research Centre, 7 Keble Road, Oxford, OX1 3QG
- Friday 17th May at 10:30am-1:30pm at The OERC Conference Room, Oxford e-Research Centre, 7 Keble Road, Oxford, OX1 3QG
- Thursday 23rd May at 10:30am-1:30pm at B18+, Xu Yafen Building, Jubilee Campus, Triumph Road, Nottingham, NG8 1BB.
- Friday 24th May at 10:30am-1:30pm at Cecil Roberts Room, Nottingham Central Library, Angel Row, Nottingham, NG1 6HP.
- Friday 14th June at 10:30am-1:30pm at Cecil Roberts Room, Nottingham Central Library, Angel Row, Nottingham, NG1 6HP.
The sessions will also be a good opportunity to develop your team work and communication skills, and increase your confidence and critical thinking when making decisions online. You will also receive a £20 voucher as a thank you for your time.
Refreshments will be provided.
If you are interested, or would like to sign up for the workshops, please download the relevant flyer for more information and details on who to contact: